Our Management Team
|President - Michael Adcock
President of Adcock-Adcock Property & Casualty Agency, Inc.
President of John Adcock Insurance Agency
Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Bachelor of Science -- 1970
Chamberlain High School, Tampa, FL
Lettered in Football (2 years)
1968 American Spirit Honor Medal – awarded annually for the display of outstanding qualities of leadership best expressing the American Spirit: Honor, Initiative, Loyalty & High Example to comrades in arms, Lackland Air Force Base
Honors and Activities:
- Chairman of the Board - First Citrus Bank
- Chairman Florida College Annual Leadership Dinner
- Board of Directors - The Moses White Foundation
- 1991 – 1995 Served on the Advisory Council to the School of Business, Auburn University
- Served as Vice President, Professional Insurance Agents of Florida
- Life Member Auburn Alumni Association
- Original Chairman, Tampa Bay Auburn Club Scholarship Golf Tournament Committee, which has awarded thirty-eight Academic scholarships to gifted Hillsborough County students to attend Auburn University that financially would have been unable to attend college
- Scholarship Committee, Prentis S. Howard Scholarship Foundation
- Served as President – Tampa Bay Auburn Club
- Paul Harris Rotary Fellow
- Member Rotary Club
- Served on Selection Committee for the Hall of Fame Bowl (Outback Bowl)
- Member of Gold Jacket Club, Hall of Fame (Outback Bowl)
- Member of First Presbyterian Church
- Served as Deacon, First Presbyterian Church
- Graduate of Leadership Tampa – 1992
Deer Hunting, Bass Fishing, Golf
|Commercial Lines Manager - Susan Karlen, CIC
We are proud of the contribution Susan brings to our Agency as Commercial Lines Manager. Her career in the Insurance industry spans 30 years and includes management experience at both the Agency and Insurance Company levels. She has served as the Processing Manager for an Insurance Company in Louisiana, and has overseen the daily Commercial Lines operations of a multi-site Agency in Florida. These positions have developed strong communication and organizational skills and helped her to recognize the important role Insurance Professionals play in the success of a business. She has strived to increase her knowledge of insurance through continuing education and has achieved a designation of Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) in 1994. Susan's philosophy of great customer service starts with understanding the client's business and educating them on their Commercial Insurance coverage options to help the customer make informed decisions regarding their business insurance.
|Personal Lines Manager - Pam Mellott
Responsibilities of a Personal Lines Manager include customer service skills, employee management, implementation of proper procedures, and a personal interest in assisting our clients with their individual needs. It would be an understatement to say that Pam possesses all of these qualities and more. Her career in the insurance industry spans more than 34 years, beginning as a customer service representative and playing an instrumental role in the growth of Adcock Insurance when the company decided to further expand the agency’s Personal Lines Department. She has served on several advisory councils and chaired committees that were formed by insurance companies statewide to discuss and resolve relevant issues. “Once insurance got in my blood, it was just natural for me to continue”, she states. Pam received her BA in 1975, is a licensed 2-20 agent, is certified with the Department of Insurance, and still strives to continue her education by attending various classes and subscribing to countless publications.
With a rare blend of confidence, humility, and hard work, Pam is known for her ability to see and meet the needs of the client on an individual basis. “We do make a difference. Fifteen minutes or less? No. We give you as much time as you need”, says Pam. Her passion for customer service and relating the importance of insurance to customers is obvious and that passion only grows as she continues to dedicate her professional life to one of the largest personal lines insurance agencies in the state of Florida.